Policies and Procedures
This contract is to inform you of your rights and obligations as a student of Downtown
Creative Studios. On submission of enrolment form, you agree to be bound by the terms and
conditions outlined within this contract.
• You agree to enrol as a student of Downtown Creative Studios
• You agree to abide by the rules and obligations set out in this contract as a
student of Downtown Creative Studios
• You agree to abide by the following payment plan: (Full Term): you agree to
commit to 1 school term of weekly lessons. Pay in full (minimum of 10 weeks)
before the date of your first lesson.
• You agree to pay via direct debit upon receiving invoice.
• Cancellation of any lesson forfeits the advanced tuition fee unless 24 hours
notice is provided to Downtown Creative Studios staff via email or telephone
within business hours. Fair Go Policy applies (See below)
• Fair Go Policy: where multiple lessons are missed by a student during a term, the
“Fair Go Policy” will be enforced. I.e. A weekly student will not miss more than 2
lessons in a term and a fortnightly student will not miss more than 1 lesson in a
term. Every appointment missed outside this allowance will be charged for at the
• In the result of a missed lesson (with 24 hours notice of absence) a make up
lesson must be arranged and completed before the end of term. No catch up
lesson or credit’s will be applied to the following term. If the student is unable to
attend a rescheduled lesson the fee will be forfeited.
• No other student’s lesson will be rescheduled to accommodate a student who
has cancelled a lesson.
• Rescheduling of lessons due to public holidays, illness or other reason is at the
discretion of Downtown Creative Studios and subject to negotiation with the
• Replacement Downtown Creative Studios teachers can be, without notice, used
to facilitate any lesson in the case of the students usual assigned teacher being
absent for any reason.
• Students participate in the lessons at their own risk and Downtown Creative
Studios take no responsibility whatsoever for any damage or loss suffered by the
student including theft to property or personal injury.
• The student agrees to be punctual and participate in lessons to the best of their
• Time lost due to the student arriving late to a lesson will not be compensated.
• Downtown Creative Studios anticipates students will attend lessons with the
requisite preparation and music when required.
• Children are to directly be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times.
• Additional fees will be charged for resources where necessary.
• If payment isn’t received 1 week after the due date a $50 late fee will be incurred
• Lesson times will be automatically booked in for the following term unless
otherwise specified in writing by you
• You will be added to the Downtown Creative Studios mailing list. You may
unsubscribe at any time.
• Your photo or video including in class, concerts or public performances may be
used for promotional purposes for Downtown Creative Studios unless specified
by you in writing to Downtown Creative Studios
• In the event that payment for services provided by Downtown Creative Studios is
not honoured, and action is taken to recover debt, the client shall incur all costs
associated with recovering this debt including debt collector fees.
Additional fees vary dependent on resources teachers require for the individuals lesson. This
will be discussed with students/parents before purchase.