This contract is to inform you of your rights and obligations as a student of Downtown Creative Studios. On submission of enrolment form, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined within this contract.
- You agree to enrol as a student of Downtown Creative Studios
- You agree to abide by the rules and obligations set out in this contract as a student of Downtown Creative Studios
- You are entitled to 1 half price 30 minute trial lesson per family at Downtown Creative Studios prior to your enrolment. Additional trials of teachers/instruments will be charged to you at full price. Trial lesson cannot be rescheduled after confirmation.
- You agree to abide by one of the following payment options:
- Option 1 (Full Term): you agree to commit to 1 school term of weekly lessons. Pay in full (minimum of 10 weeks) before the date of your first lesson to receive a 10% discount. If payment is not received prior to the first lesson, you will not receive your 10% discount. A weekly payment plan may be considered upon request. Each weekly lesson must be paid prior to the date of the lesson and finalised before the end of the term. Please note, once committed to full term, refunds/reimbursement will not be considered under any circumstances.
Prices based on a 10 week term (paid in full prior to the date of the first lesson):
30 minutes: $470** ($46 per lesson) – 10% discount if paid by due date: $424
45 minutes: $670** ($66 per lesson) – 10% discount if paid by due date: $604
60 minutes $910** ($90 per lesson) – 10% discount if paid by due date: $820
**$10 admin fee will be added for administration and printing of term practice book. This fee is applied once per term at the beginning of term.
2. Option 2 (Casual): lessons can be booked in at any time for any length during the school term. Lesson times will be subject to availability of time/teacher and cannot be guaranteed. Lesson fee must be paid prior to the date of the lesson.
Casual lesson prices:
30 minutes: $60
45 minutes: $80
60 minutes: $100
- Additional students attending private lessons (e.g. duo/trio) will incur an addition fee of 30% of the initial lesson fee added to the cost of the lesson per additional student.
- Cancellation of any lesson forfeits the advanced tuition fee unless 24 hours notice is provided to Downtown Creative Studios staff via email or telephone within business hours. Fair Go Policy applies (See below)
- Fair Go Policy: where multiple lessons are missed by a student during a term, the “Fair Go Policy” will be enforced. I.e. A weekly student will not miss more than 2 lessons in a term and a fortnightly student will not miss more than 1 lesson in a term. Every appointment missed outside this allowance will be charged for at the full rate. This does not apply for casual lessons.
- In the result of a missed lesson (with 24 hours notice of absence) a make up lesson must be arranged and completed before the end of term. No catch up lesson or credit’s will be applied to the following term. If the student is unable to attend a rescheduled lesson the fee will be forfeited.
- No other student’s lesson will be rescheduled to accommodate a student who has cancelled a lesson.
- Rescheduling of lessons due to public holidays, illness or other reason is at the discretion of Downtown Creative Studios and subject to negotiation with the student.
- Replacement Downtown Creative Studios teachers can be, without notice, used to facilitate any lesson in the case of the students usual assigned teacher being absent for any reason.
- Students participate in the lessons at their own risk and Downtown Creative Studios take no responsibility whatsoever for any damage or loss suffered by the student including theft to property or personal injury.
- The student agrees to be punctual and participate in lessons to the best of their ability.
- Time lost due to the student arriving late to a lesson will not be compensated.
- Downtown Creative Studios anticipates students will attend lessons with the requisite preparation and music when required.
- Smoking is prohibited on the property.
- Children are to be directly supervised by an accompanying adult at all times.
- As bathroom is separate to the Downtown Creative Studios facilities, students under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or staff member.
- Additional fees will be charged for recourses where necessary.
- If payment isn’t received 1 week after the due date a $50 late fee will be incurred
- Lesson times will be automatically booked in for the following term unless otherwise specified in writing by you
- You will be added to the Downtown Creative Studios mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Your photo or video including in class, concerts or public performances may be used for promotional purposes for Downtown Creative Studios unless specified by you in writing to Downtown Creative Studios
- In the event that payment for services provided by Downtown Creative Studios is not honoured, and action is taken to recover debt, the client shall incur all costs associated with recovering this debt including debt collector fees.
Additional fees vary dependent on resources teachers require for the individuals lesson. This will be discussed with students/parents before purchase.
As a student of Downtown Creative Studios I acknowledge I am bound by the terms and conditions contained within this contract.